- Stressed out and overwhelmed?
- Feel like life is whizzing past you?
- Living with chronic pain or illness, depression, anxiety, or other medical conditions?
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) helps you find your natural capacity for ease and confidence.
In this eight-week face-to-face program, you’ll learn how to develop the life skill of mindfulness. It’s your natural human capacity to pay wise attention to your moment-by-moment experience. It helps you become clearer and more focused – and better able to respond creatively to whatever life throws your way.
The MBSR program centers on the ancient practice of meditation, presented in a pragmatic, common sense way. You’ll learn how to build up your inner resources for healing and growing — so you can start taking charge of your life.
The program is challenging and life-affirming. And it’s an investment in your life. What could be more important?
In numerous published studies on MBSR, the majority of participants report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stress.
Over 30 years of extensive clinical research indicates that mindfulness and the MBSR course bring about lasting, positive change.
About the program
The program consists of eight weekly in-person classes (2.5 hours each) and one all-day session on a weekend day.
- Experiential learning of mindfulness meditation
- Gentle stretching and mindful movements to release muscular tension
- Simple methods for bringing awareness and ease into daily life
- Group discussions focusing on increasing awareness in everyday situations
- Weekly take-home practices (with MP3 guided audios) to reinforce new habits
To gain the full benefits of this program, I ask you to commit to attending all classes and practicing 30-45 minutes daily for the full eight weeks.