My meditation practice began in the mid-nineties when a stressful business career and study of classical piano collided in a health disaster. What started out as an effort to address physical pain and depression has now, over 20 years later, turned into a way of life. It’s now a daily personal practice that touches everything I do.
Coaching came as a natural part of teaching meditation. I received my training from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) in 2008 and have been coaching individual clients ever since.
Here is a full retelling of my story:
Becoming a Buddhist Minister and Mindfulness Coach at 47: Sunada’s Story
Qualifications and Experience
- Earned full certification as a teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), trained at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Have taught over 30 cycles of MBSR classes in the Boston area, and continue to offer them 4 times a year.
- Ordained member of the Triratna Buddhist Order.
- Received Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential from the International Coach Federation. Have been coaching individual clients for over 10 years.
- Prior to teaching mindfulness and coaching, worked 16 years in high tech product management, most notably at Lotus Development/IBM and numerous software startups. Have Masters in Management from MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Here’s my LinkedIn profile.