Hardly a week goes by these days without some new news about mindfulness and its positive effects. Here’s a random sampling of some recent ones.
- The Science of Mindfulness: Dr. Daniel J. Siegel on what makes mindfulness so beneficial to our health, psyche, and overall quality of life. Mindful.org.
- How Meditation Changes the Brain, New York Times, Jan 2011.
- Brain Imaging Illuminates Neuro Basis of Meditation, ABC News, Nov 2011.
- How meditation helps beat stress. Times of India, Feb 2011.
- New Research: Sadness and Depression with the Brain in Mind. MentalHelp.Net, Nov 12, 2010.
- Pain Is No Matter for the Meditative Mind. BrainBlogger, Oct 2011.
- Rewiring the Brain to Ease Pain. Wall Street Journal, Nov 2011.
- Stuck on the crossword? How meditation can help you get better brain power, Mail Online, Sep 2008.
- 7 Fascinating Facts About Meditation, Huffington Post, Jul 2011.
- Mindfulness Therapy Beats Drugs in Preventing Depression Relapse, Psyche Central, Dec 2010.
- Conquering Fear, Wall Street Journal, Jan 2011.
- Putting an End to Mindless Munching, Wall Street Journal, May 2008.
- Meditation helps cancer patients years after diagnosis, Cure Today, May 2011.
- Teaching the Neurons to Meditate, Science Daily, Jul 2011.
- The neuroscience of mindfulness, Psychology Today, Oct 2009.
- Study shows compassion meditation changes the brain, UWisc-Madison News, Mar 2008.
- Wandering Minds Less Happy Than Focused Ones, Discovery News, Nov 2010.
- To Reduce Pain (and Alter Your Brain), Try Meditation, FoxNews, Nov 2010.
- Even Beginners Can Curb Pain With Meditation, NPR, Apr 2011.
- How Mindfulness Makes the Brain Immune to Temptation, Psychology Today, Nov 2011.
- Meditation Relieves IBS Severity, Randomized Study Finds, Gastroenterology & Endoscopy News, Nov 2011.
- Meditation helps ease hot flashes–study, The MedGuru, Mar 2011.
- Rethinking Tinnitus: When The Ringing Won’t Stop, Clear Your Mind, NPR, Jul 2011.
See also MBSR Research (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction)